The display is dedicated to the architect, collector and art educationalist, Friedrich Wilhelm von Erdmannsdorff (1736–1800), and is a special premiere. Never before have the Roman vedute, studies and reproductions of Roman antique architecture and visual art, which he himself created during his three stays in the Eternal City between 1765 and 1790, or which he purchased from local artists, been shown abroad. Erdmannsdorff is considered the founder of early Classicist architecture in Germany. During the reign of Prince Leopold III, Friedrich Franz von Anhalt-Dessau (1740–1817), who he stood by as advisor and long-standing friend, Erdmannsdorff played a significant role in designing the Garden Kingdom of Dessau Wörlitz with its castle and park buildings which has been an UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2000. After the first stage in Rome, the exhibition will be shown in the Picture Gallery of Anhalt Dessau.